lunes, 20 de septiembre de 2010

TENSES. Complete with the right tense.


Este es un tipo de ejercicio que tendrán en el parcial escrito. Fueron usados en parciales anteriores. Tienen las respuestas abajo para hacerlos solos y verificar si están bien. Si tienen dudas, pregunten en clase.

TENSES: Put the verbs in the correct tense


A. My favorite holiday today …………................(be) New Year’s Eve. …………............... (you-ever-celebrate) it with a big family like mine? When I …………...............(be) a child, I ……… (hate) those big family reunions, but nowadays I really …………...............(enjoy) them. Of course, twenty years ago we …………...............(have) some family members around the table that we…………...............(not-have) today. But since then some new members …………......... (arrive) and soon many others…………...............(come) because several of my cousins ………
(expect) a baby at the moment.

B. …………………..(you-ever-see) a car accident? Listen to this: yesterday I ……………
(walk) down the street when suddenly I …………………..(see) a terrible crash. I …………… (be) the only person there at the time but I …………………..(not-call) the police.
What …………….. (you-do) if you …………………..(be) in a similar situation?

C. …………................(you-ever/be) to the mountain? I …………................(go) to the Patagonia last year and I …………................(have) the chance to go hiking and trekking. It …………...... (be) a marvellous experience! Now I …………................(have) tickets to go there again this Winter vacation: I …………................(buy) them for July 15th and I think I …………................(stay) in a hotel, but I …………................(not – have) any reservations, although it …………... (be) a time of the year when many people…………................(go) there.


C. My neighborhood ................. (look) very different twenty years ago. Before there ...............(be) a shopping mall, people .................(come) to this area to shop for fruits and vegetables in a big market across the street from where I .................(live) now. In the last two years, they................. (build) lots of new high apartment buildings and today many new people....................(move) to this neighborhood. When I .................(buy) this apartment here last year, I .................... (not-know) that the neighborhood .................(change) so rapidly. Next year, if I .................(have) more money, I .................(probably – get) another apartment around here. ..........................
(you-ever-be) to my neighborhood, the Abasto?


D. I ................................(never-be) to Europe, but my brother Pedro, who ........................... (work) in Madrid now, ................................(get) me a ticket last week to visit him next month. This ................................(be) my first time there and my first experience traveling alone. Maybe he ................................ (have - not) time to visit places with me because of work. But I think I ...........................(enjoy) myself a lot anyway. Last summer I just ................................ (stay) home all summer and ................................ (take) classes: I ................................ (not-do) anything fun. ................................(I – tell) you that I ............................... (study) at Kennedy University? Probably I ............................. (graduate) at the end of this year.

E. I ................................(never-visit) New York. It sounds strange because I ........................... (work) in New Jersey two years ago (very near the Big Apple). But next month I ........................ (go), finally! My company ................................(buy) me a ticket because there ............................ (be) an important congress there. I think I ...........................(love) this trip because I .................. (always / enjoy) traveling. ................................ (you-ever-be) to the United States? Yes? What................................ (you-do) there? ................................(tell) me what places to visit in New York. Then, maybe I............................... (send) you a postcard. And for sure I ................... (bring) a present for you.

ANSWERS


A. My favorite holiday today is (be) New Year’s Eve. Have you ever celebrated(you-ever-celebrate) it with a big family like mine? When I was (be) a child, I hated / used to hate (hate) those big family reunions, but nowadays I really enjoy (enjoy) them. Of course, twenty years ago we had (have) some family members around the table that we don’t have (not-have) today. But since then some new members have arrived (arrive) and soon many others will come / are going to come (come) because several of my cousins are expecting (expect) a baby at the moment.

B. Have you ever seen (you-ever-see) a car accident? Listen to this: yesterday I was walking
(walk) down the street when suddenly I saw (see) a terrible crash. I was (be) the only person there at the time but I did not call (not-call) the police.
What would you do (you-do) if you were (be) in a similar situation?

C. Have you ever been (you-ever/be) to the mountain? I went (go) to the Patagonia last year and I had (have) the chance to go hiking and trekking. It was (be) a marvellous experience! Now I have (have) tickets to go there again this Winter vacation: I bought (buy) them for July 15th and I think I will stay (stay) in a hotel, but I don’t have (not – have) any reservations, although it is (be) a time of the year when many people go (go) there.


D. My neighborhood looked / used to look (look) very different twenty years ago. Before there was (be) a shopping mall, people came/used to come (come) to this area to shop for fruits and vegetables in a big market across the street from where I live/am living (live) now. In the last two years, they have built (build) lots of new high apartment buildings and today many new people move/are moving (move) to this neighborhood. When I bought (buy) this apartment here last year, I didn’t know (not-know) that the neighborhood was changing/had changed (change) so rapidly. Next year, if I have (have) more money, I will probably get (probably – get) another apartment around here. Have you ever been (you-ever-be) to my neighborhood, the Abasto?


E. I have never been (never-be) to Europe, but my brother Pedro, who works/is working (work) in Madrid now, got (get) me a ticket last week to visit him next month. This will be / is going to be (be) my first time there and my first experience traveling alone. Maybe he will not have / won’t have (have - not) time to visit places with me because of work. But I think I will enjoy (enjoy) myself a lot anyway. Last summer I just stayed (stay) home all summer and took (take) classes: I didn’t do (not-do) anything fun. Have I told / did I tell (I – tell) you that I study (study) at Kennedy University? Probably I will graduate (graduate) at the end of this year.

F. I have never visited (never-visit) New York. It sounds strange because I worked (work) in New Jersey two years ago (very near the Big Apple). But next month I am going to go / will go (go), finally! My company bought / has bought / will buy / is going to buy (buy) me a ticket because there will be / is going to be (be) an important congress there. I think I will love (love) this trip because I always enjoy / have always enjoyed (always / enjoy) traveling. Have you ever been (you-ever-be) to the United States? Yes? What did you do (you-do) there? Tell (tell) me what places to visit in New York. Then, maybe I will send (send) you a postcard. And for sure I will bring / am going to bring (bring) a present for you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario